What is the full form of B.Sc?
The official title for B.Sc can be described as Bachelor of Science and it is an undergraduate degree that lasts 3 years that falls under the Science and Technology domain. This B.Sc course is essential for students studying science and those who have completed all of their 10+2 exams within the Science stream are eligible for this course for admission.
B.Sc is offered in both distance and regular methods, unlike B.Tech and is among the main reasons that the course is a hit for students. Distance B.Sc is among the most popular courses for recent graduates that want to pursue their studies while working. Due to numerous advantages such as flexibility, affordability and the efficiency of education the distance B.Sc has grown in popularity throughout the years.
With two options: B.Sc General and B.Sc Honours The BSc program is designed for students looking to gain an understanding of the subject and also students who are looking to do extensive studies and technical classes.
Principal Highlights of B.Sc Program
- B.Sc offers a deep understanding of science and technology. students need to have a solid grasp of maths to be able to complete the course.
- B.Sc is open to applicants who have completed the 12th grade from the science stream, and who have at least a certain percentile.
- B.Sc is offered with specific subjects that are specializations, such as Information Technology, Computer Science, Nursing Fashion Designing and Agriculture, among others.
- B.Sc is offered in distance and regular methods of study.
Instructions for the Course of B.Sc
|Full-Form of BSc||Bachelor of Science|
|BSc Specifications||BSc Physics, BSc Nursing, BSc Computer Science, BSc Geography, BSc IT, BSc Biology, BSc Forensic Science, etc.|
|BSc Time||3 years old|
|Method of Learning||Regular and Distance|
|BSc Eligibility||Science stream in class 12th with at least 50 percent marks|
|Admission to BSc||By Merit Lists and through Entrance Exams|
|BSc Fees||INR 20,000 – 2,000,000|
|BSc Salary||INR 3 to 5 LPA|
|BSc Colleges||Delhi University, Madras Christian College, Christ University, Stella Maris College, Presidency University, etc.|
|BSc Scope||Masters Degrees in M.Sc or specialization-specific job|
|BSc Jobs||Scientist, Research Associate, Professor, Lab Chemist, Statistician, etc.|
Why should I bother with pursuing B.Sc?
The B.Sc course assists students in many ways and helps them go through courses such as Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics and many more. Distance B.Sc is among the most appropriate programs for professionals who are looking to earn an academic degree such as B.Sc. Here are the main reasons to study B.Sc:
- Students who have a strong grasp of Mathematics and Science will be great candidates for the course.
- Students may pursue interdisciplinary careers following their B.Sc course.
- This course teaches practical, theoretical and research-related skills to students in science.
Also Read: UPSC CSE Result 2021 released, Shruti Sharma tops exam See the Toppers’ list
Different types of B.Sc Program
There are two kinds of B.sc programs, and you are able to select any B.Sc program of your preference.
- Regular B.Sc Regular B.Sc is an old-fashioned classroom teaching course that requires you to regularly attend classes and take entrance tests to be admitted. This is the perfect option for those who just graduated from 12th and want to dedicate three years of higher education.
- Distance or part-time B.Sc The course is designed specifically for students and professionals who work full-time and do not have to attend all classes. There is flexibility in the when you can start and you are able to continue working while you complete your studies. The benefit of the part-time or distance B.Sc degree is exactly the same as an ordinary degree, as is acknowledged by UGC.
- Online B.Sc Online B.Sc is a course for people who want to take online classes as well as self-learning resources. This is a specialized program designed for professionals working or students who want to combine work and study in one go.
|B.Sc Honours||B.Sc General|
|It is the B.Sc Honors degree program has been designed to equip students with highly-specialized, practical knowledge and skills in research and theory. It’s a more standard degree that focuses on a single topic.
The length of the B.Sc honors program is 3 and five years.
|The basic B.Sc programme is intended to impart an understanding of Science to the students. It is basically a comprehensive overview of all important subjects in Science.
The length of course B.Sc general course ranges from 3 and five years.
|The criteria to be eligible to be admitted for B.Sc honors is that applicants must pass the 12th grade at an accredited university and have minimum marks in aggregate.||The criteria to be eligible to gain admission to B.Sc general admission is they must pass the 12th grade at an accredited institution with minimum aggregate scores.|
|B.Sc honors is typically an all-time program.||B.Sc general course is a part-time and full-time course.|
The eligibility criteria for B.Sc
The criteria for selection in the regular B.Sc, as well as online B.Sc, differ, as the entrance exam is essential for both regular B.Sc programs. However, many distance schools provide direct admission to distance B.Sc.
While the basic requirements to be qualified for regular and Distance B.Sc are the same, they do not change. These are the essential requirements to meet when applying for the Distance B.Sc:
- The applicant must have passed 10-plus-2 in the Science stream at an approved board.
- The applicant must possess at least 45 per cent of an intermediate Grade Point Average.
Who should pursue B.Sc?
- Students who are interested in pursuing interdisciplinarity science concepts
- Students who are eager to pursue Science and Mathematical concepts and eager pursue professions in this area.
- Students who find conducting research projects, including the study of labs interesting, could pursue a B.Sc with the right area of study.
What is the median pay of a B.Sc graduate?
Bachelor of Science, also known as B.Sc can be obtained in various areas of study and students have many options to make to prepare for their future. If you’re thinking about the amount of money you could receive as a fresher following graduation from B.Sc then take a look at the below list:
- B.Sc for Agriculture: 20,000 to INR 55,000 per calendar month
- B.Sc with Biochemistry: INR 15,000 to INR 15,000 – 25,000 per month
- B.Sc for Computer Science: INR 12,000 to INR 25,000 per month
- B.Sc In Electronics: 20,000 to INR 30000 per month
- B.Sc on Food Technology INR 25,000 to 15,000 INR per month
- B.Sc In IT: INR 20.000 to INR 35,000 as a month
- B.Sc for Psychology: INR 25,000 to INR 45,000
Also Read: 11 Key facts for users: MNREGA(Mahatma Gandhi Nrega)
Do I require any prior work prior experience to be eligible for B.Sc?
There is not mandatory to have experience working in order to be admitted to this B.Sc program. Students are able to be admitted into the program based on their prior qualifications and their scores.
Do I have to take an exam to be able to take the entrance exam to be able to get B.Sc?
Students must pass the entrance tests to be admitted into a B.Sc or any other specialization. Admission to any course in science between B.Sc through M.Sc is decided through the entrance exam.
However, the distance B.Sc aids students in skipping the lengthy procedure for admission because students can be accepted to a variety of universities within their distance B.Sc course without having to apply for admission.
B.Sc Specializations in Course
B.Sc can be found with an array of specializations within different fields that help students get various careers and professions. Here is a complete list of the specializations offered by B.Sc:
|BSc Physics||BSc Chemistry||BSc Forensic Sciences|
|BSc Biology||BSc Geology||BSc Home Science|
|BSc Hotel Management||BSc Software Engineering||BSc Instrumentation|
|BSc Aeronautical Science||BSc Medical||BSc Optometry|
|BSc Actuarial Science||BSc Anatomy||B.Sc. Physiology|
|BSc Anthropology||BSc Applied Chemistry||BSc Psychology|
|BSc Biological Science||BSc Statistics||BSc Geography|
|BSc Botany||BSc Clinical Nutrition||BSc Microbiology|
|BSc Computer Applications||BSc Economics||BSc Nautical Science|
|BSc Electronics||BSc Environmental Science||BSc Physical Education|
|BSc Food Sciences||BSc Food Technology||BSc Therapy|
B.Sc Education and Curriculum Subjects
The B.Sc course is offered during the semester or in the annual option. The course of study for the distance B.Sc and the regular B.Sc is almost identical. This B.Sc is a 3-year degree and comprises of six semesters.
|Additional English||Additional English|
|Chemistry – I Basic Chemistry||Chemistry II Theoretical As Well As Inorganic Chemistry|
|Titrimetric Analysis||Physical Chemistry Practical|
|Holistic Education||Holistic Education|
|Matrix Algebra Using Scilab||Calculus Using Scilab|
|The Science of Mechanics And Properties Of Matter||Thermodynamics, Heat and Thermodynamics|
|Physics Laboratory I||Physics Laboratory – II|
|Additional English||Additional English|
|Inorganic Qualitative Analysis||Chemical Chemistry Iv Organic and Analytical Chemistry|
|English||Inorganic Quantitative Analysis|
|Differential Equations and Applications||Calculus Of Several Variables|
|Differential Equations with Maxima||Multivariate Calculus Using Matlab|
|Electricity, and Magnetism||Oscillations and Optics|
|Physics Laboratory – III||Physics Laboratory – IV|
|Chemistry – V Organic Chemistry||Chemistry – VIIb: Biochemistry|
|Chemistry – VI Physical Chemistry||Chemistry – VIIIa Applied Chemistry|
|Organic Chemistry Practical||Chemistry VIIIB Environmental Chemistry (E-course)|
|Physical Chemistry Practical||Project In Chemistry|
|Algebra||Inorganic Quantitative Analysis -ii|
|Numerical Methods||Practical Biochemistry|
|Algebra Using Matlab||Actual And Complex Analysis|
|Numerical Methods using Matlab||Fourier Series and Integral Transforms|
|—||Analysis Utilizing Maxima|
|—||Fourier Series and Integral Transforms Utilizing Matlab|
What is the cost of the B.Sc Program?
If you’re planning to enrol in one of the B.Sc specializations and you are wondering about the price associated with the course. Let me make it simple for you. The typical cost to get admission for the course of your choice B.Sc course is the amount of Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 1 lakh per year. The price will vary depending on the institution and the method of learning you choose to follow.
Do I qualify for a scholarship to pay for B.Sc Admission?
Certain universities provide scholarships for students who meet certain conditions. These are the kinds of scholarships students can expect to be awarded by universities:
- The awarding of scholarships is on a merit-based basis.
- The scholarships are available to members of reserved categories, such as SC, ST, and OBC.
- The amount of scholarships is based on the family’s earnings.
What are the best B.Sc colleges?
Here are some major universities that offer B.Sc in various areas of study:
- University of Delhi
- Chandigarh University
- Jaipur National University
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University
- University of Mumbai
- University of Madras
How do I get into B.Sc?
Students may be admitted to the Bachelor of Science program either on merit or through an entrance based upon the institution.
- Merit-based: The institution or college releases a course-by-course aggregate threshold. Provisional admission is granted to those who meet the qualifications and cut-off requirements. In order to be accepted into the institution, candidates have to attend the institute to get their documents verification and pay the admission cost.
- Entrance-Based: Entrance tests are administered by a range of universities and colleges to determine BSc admission. Candidates are required to apply and sit for the test. They will be shortlisted to be considered for the next phase of admissions, which may include counselling rounds after they have passed these tests.
B.Sc The Scope of the B.Sc. Career Opportunities
B.Sc. is broad in scope as it covers a variety of disciplines. There are a variety of possibilities for B.Sc students. In general, it is a B.Sc. will give you plenty of practical and academic knowledge. A few of the most important career paths you could be considered for following the successful completion of your B.Sc include:
|Pharmaceutical industry||Food industry||Technical consulting firms|
|Colleges and schools||Research laboratories||Companies in finance and banking|
|Industrial Laboratories||Agriculture Industry||Departments of the Geological Survey|
|Biotechnology Firms||Oil Industry||Cosmetic Industry|
|Chemical Industry||Research Companies||Environmental Management & Conservation|
|Biotechnology Industry||Forest Services||Space Research Institutes|
|Animal Husbandry||Educational Institutes||Departments of Wildlife and Fisheries|
|Zoo and Wildlife Care||Diagnostic Laboratories||Genetic Research|
- When they have completed their B.Sc degree, graduates are eligible to apply for post-graduation studies like M.Sc and Master in Business administration.
- If the applicant wants to get a job there are many jobs available for a science graduate who has a great score in both the public and private sectors. For instance, teachers at schools, degree colleges, research assistants at institutes, consultants as well as drug safety specialists and clinical research assistants etc.
Can I pursue B.Sc after 30?
Yes, you can take up B.Sc even at the age of thirty. But, you must determine the eligibility criteria of the institution prior to applying. If there isn’t any age restriction, then you are eligible to apply. Additionally, there are a lot of universities offering a B.sc in distance mode to students, without any age restrictions.
Courses to pursue after B.Sc
There are numerous possibilities available to you following your Bachelor of Science program as you could either go into the same field or even switch your field. Some students prefer to take courses such as MBA and MAJMC following the completion of B.Sc.
- M.Sc The program: M.Sc is a full-time course that runs for 2 years. It is an ideal course for students who have completed a B.Sc because this program will aid you in obtaining research projects as well as other highly regarded jobs in your area of expertise. Students are advised to pursue an M.Sc within the same area of specialization that they studied in B.Sc because this will assist students to become specialists in one area.
- MBA Programme: MBA is one of the most well-known and sought-after programs. This is due to the fact that MBA is a career-oriented course. Students are able to get jobs at MNCs in the management degree after they have completed MBA courses.
- Master of Computer Applications: Master of Computer Applications is a program that lets you explore various elements of computer programs as well as their applications. The program can assist you to enter different IT areas. MCA offers specializations such as Systems Management, Programming Languages, Networking, Systems, and more.
- Medical courses: You are able to pursue medical programs like M.Sc with a focus on Psychology, MBA in Hospital Administration as well an MSc in Psychology to mention some. If you hold an B.Sc Degree in this or a related field, then taking these master’s degrees will addition to your professional.
B.Sc In Full, Do You Remember?
The complete version is B.Sc will be Bachelor of Science and it is among the top courses in the field of science.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Which are the top schools to pursue a Distance B.Sc?
There are a lot of universities that offer a distance B.Sc course. Some of the most prestigious and reputable universities include:
- Indira Gandhi National University(IGNOU)
- University of Madras
- Jaipur National University
- Punjab Technical University
2. Does B.Sc suitable to go forward?
It is true that BSc gives you a vast variety of career choices and potential. Therefore, BSc is an excellent choice in the near future.
3. Does the distance B.Sc equivalent to the regular B.Sc?
According to the rules of UGC the distance of a B.Sc. is equivalent to the regular B.Sc. when the school is AICTE and UGC-DEB has been approved.
4. What is the eligibility criteria for Distance B.Sc?
The candidate must be an 11+2 graduate with an academic background in science.
Source: Byjus, collegedunia