Psoriasis head scales are a chronic disease that has no cure. It is a typical skin disease that causes red, itchy, scaly patches on elbows, knees, trunk, and scalp. Kiwi fruit benefits are the best option for getting glowing skin naturally. It goes through cycles for weeks and months, and it then subsides for some time and then goes for remission. To manage the symptoms, specific treatments are also available. Changes in lifestyle habits and strategies can also help cope with Psoriasis head scales.
Symptoms Of Psoriasis Head Scales
The symptoms and signs for Psoriasis head scales differ from person to person. Some common symptoms are:
- Tiny scaling spots
- Itching, burning sensation, and soreness
- Thickened nails
- Swollen and stiff joints
Psoriasis head scales can range from small spots of dandruff to eruptions that cover a larger area.
Causes Of Psoriasis Head Scales
Psoriasis is a problem that happens because of immune system issues when the regeneration of the skin is way faster than the normal regeneration rate. To get cured of this ailment, you can consider visiting the best dermatologist in Hyderabad as well as book online lab tests with the help of app.
Some researchers have proven that Psoriasis head scales can also result from genetic and environmental disorders. This particular condition is not contagious. The factors that trigger Psoriasis head scales are as follows:
- Pre-existing skin conditions
- The cold and dry climate
- Smoking or exposure to secondhand smoke
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- High blood pressure medications
Treatment Of Psoriasis Head Scales
Nowadays, more than half of the people tend to suffer from Psoriasis head scales. The skin cells present on the scalp grow too fast and make it powdery, and the areas around them become very itchy and red. It can even cause mild scaling and crusting on the entire scalp. Scalp Psoriasis can even extend to the forehead, the nose, and behind the ears. Consumption of kiwi fruit is beneficial for natural treatment of Psoriasis.
The treatment of Psoriasis head scales depends on the following factors:
- The severity
- Response to the prior treatment
- Presence of Psoriasis anywhere else on the body
- Amount of hair present in the body
In severe Psoriasis, a medication treating the whole body is required. The best dermatologist in Hyderabad may help give guidance and medication to treat this ailment. The medications can be oral or by injection.
The initial steps to cure the Psoriasis head scales are softening and removing them. It makes it easy for the medications to work properly. Some ways to soften the scalp and remove scales are mentioned below:
- Apply over-the-counter products, which make it easier for the scales to be peeled off.
- Try to gently loosen the scales using a brush or a fine-toothed comb.
- Shampoo the scalp using salicylic acid shampoo or soap.
- When the scalp is damp, try using thick creams to retain the moisture.
Mild Treatments Of Scalp Psoriasis
In case of mild symptoms of Psoriasis head scales, the doctor recommends the following treatments:
- Coal tar products are available over the counters as shampoos, creams, gels, ointments, foams, and soaps. They help in the slow growth of skin and reduce inflammation and itching.
- Salicylic acid, a peeling agent available over the counters, and prescribed shampoos and soaps, which soften the scales are recommended.
- Intralesional Steroid injections can help in reducing inflammation. The doctor uses a small needle to inject the medication on the scalp.
Moderate To Severe Treatments Of Scalp Psoriasis
In the case of moderate to severe Psoriasis head scales, the doctor prescribes lotions, creams, gels, steroids, sprays, or foams. The tropical treatments are directly applied on the skin, shampooed, and rinsed off. Some medications that can help cure Psoriasis head scales are Anthralin cream, Calcipotriene, a combination of Calcipotriene and Betamethasone Dipropionate and Tazarotene cream.
The Bottom Line
Psoriasis head scales is a chronic disease that can cause severe redness and an itchy scalp. To ease itchiness, you can use a conditioner after shampooing. Moreover, limiting the use of hot tools for hair styling can reduce the risk of Psoriasis head scales. Kiwi fruit benefits help in the natural treatment of Scalp Psoriasis. Furthermore, to ease the symptoms of this disease, you should use wet towels, cold packs, and cold water on the areas with itchy spots.